Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Residents

Quinn and I made a birdhouse out of some left over barn board a little while back, and we put it with a birdhouse that Leah had painted a couple of years ago. I set them up more as a visual thing than to have actual birds in them, figuring that at some point I'd have to put them in a place where they could stay. The birds had other ideas...

Bert: "Hey Charlie come and have a look at this!"


Charlie: "Hey, this is nice Bert, I love the rustic appeal."
Bert: "Yeah, I've got dibs on the red one!"

Charlie: (all echoy) "Hey it's really spacious inside!"
Bert: "Mine's got a loft!"

Charlie: "Could have a bigger front door though, oh well. I could stand to lose a few grams anyway. Sold!"

1 comment:

JuliaMazal said...

Charlie: "Wish I had a little porch like you do, though".
Bert: "BYO seed, hang out anytime."

I love that you named them Bert and Charlie even though... they're probably y'know, female.

Or maybe I just don't know all that much about chickadees.